Happy 2022! For most people I know improving health and wellness undoubtedly makes its
way to the top of their “resolution lists” year after year. Whether it is exercising more regularly, eating less
sugar, or cooking more often than taking out, focusing on our bodies and minds is no easy task. The effort
takes time, energy and is a change from our routine. Not to mention that quick and portable processed foods
are now the norm in modern society because of our busy schedules. Whether it is a wrapped muffin, a tube
of yogurt, or an energy drink chances are that the product is heavily processed and contains various additives
and chemicals to maintain freshness (all of which are taxing on our bodies). I encourage you to try this
homemade “breakfast bowl”. It’s a complete meal and is delicious!
Complete Breakfast Bowl
• 1 scoop (1/4 cup) Complete Vanilla protein powder (Juice Plus brand)
• 1 frozen banana
• 2/3 cup mixed berries
• 2 dried dates (pitted)
• 1 Tablespoon dried coconut flakes
• ½ cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (may need to adjust amount to reach desired consistency)
• Toppings: fresh fruit, shaved almonds or walnuts, chia seeds
1. Mix banana, dates, berries, Complete vanilla protein (Juice Plus brand) with almond milk in a high-speed
blender until the consistency of a thick smoothie is achieved.
2. Stir in coconut flakes then garnish with fresh fruit, walnuts or almonds and chia seeds.
3. Experiment with different fresh fruit and nuts/seeds to find your favorite combination!
CHRISSY DAVENPORT Revitalize & Nourish
Board Certified Holistic Health Coach, AADP, MBA
North Caldwell Resident