As concern about the Coronavirus grows across our community and around the world, we wanted to let you know about the steps Indigo Yoga is taking—and the steps each of you can take— to keep the germs at bay!
We are currently following all of the recommendations given by the CDC and State of New Jersey Department of Health and will continue to do so. We have our regular cleaning protocols in place that we normally follow and are taking extra measures to ensure a clean and safe environment at Indigo. See below to check out the list of our regular cleaning schedule and a list of some things we have added as a precautionary measure.
Though the conversation about Coronavirus seems to be dominating the news, it is important to remember that we are still enduring a very active flu season. Every flu season we increase our precautionary measures of keeping our space clean, and we are asking you to help us to keep a safe and clean studio.
Here are some things we are adding to our regular cleaning routine and ask for your assistance here as well:
- You will find hand sanitizer at each of our entrances and in the studio, please use sanitizer upon entry.
- Lysol wipes and yoga mat cleaner can be found in the yoga studio. Please clean your mat and any props you use immediately after use.
- If you are sick, especially with a fever, stay home.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Staff will be disinfecting all door handles, knobs, switches, etc daily.
- Indigo instructors will use hand sanitizer before providing any physical assists in class and will get permission from anyone who chooses not to be touched during class.
Our regular routine:
- Yoga mats get disinfected daily (and after every use at the hot studio)
- Props (blocks, straps, balls, dumbbells) get disinfected weekly
- Blankets and Bolster covers get laundered bi-weekly and bolsters are also cleaned with Force of Nature weekly and steam cleaned weekly
- Floors get disinfected and cleaned daily (and after every hot yoga class)
- Bathrooms get disinfected and cleaned daily
- Humidifiers get cleaned out and disinfected weekly
- Humidifiers are run with white vinegar weekly (to clean humidifiers and purify and clean air)
- Aerial hammocks are steam cleaned weekly, laundered every other month, and cleaned with Force of Nature weekly
- Eucalyptus towels are laundered after every use
- Everyone’s shoes are removed upon entry of the studio
Thank you in advance for your help and support.